To be old

 "A young man is beautiful, but an old man is more beautiful."

This is the word of a French philosopher Gustave Thibon.
 I found this when I looked at the New Catholic Dictionary.

There was an article of the Christian view of "old".

__________________


Contemporary culture is not for the past but the future , and evaluates youth rather than old age.

However, the relationship with God has an inherent value and equal significance at any time of life.

It is wisdom that the Bible emphasizes as an inherent value of old age.

"
How appropriate is wisdom in the aged understanding and counsel in the venerable! 

 The crown of the elderly, wide experience; their glory, the fear of the Lord." (Ben Sira 25:5-6 )

The wisdom gained over a long life is a treasure above all power, health and beauty.

Old age is not only a time of rich harvest in life, but a time of trial.

They physically and mentally decline, lose close people to death, fall into loneliness, and burden others.

But this can be linked to the suffering of Jesus.

"
Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church." (Colossians 1 : 24)


Suffering purifies a person for his encounter with God so that the gold is refined to become pure gold.

Our devotion and prayer will reach God's heart and eventually we can affirm even the most annoying thing, death.

"The purpose of death, according to God's intention, is to guide a person to rely on God's love alone and commit all his love to it."

Those who believe in an eternal life beyond death know that nothing, including death, is wasted in their lives.


The words of a French philosopher Thibon is worthy of the old man who fulfills his life with such a spirit.


"A young man is beautiful, but an old man is more beautiful."



___

I think it`s nice. I remember my old best friend who traveled to heaven before becoming adults.

No one knows how much time is left for me, but if I can become an elderly, I want to be an old woman with a beautiful soul.




 

Popular posts from this blog

The Bible

What is Faith?

Prayer